Warning

Warning: This blog will contain spoilers to all my stories.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Strange Imprint Sneak Peek

Seth's POV

I held out my hand to her. “I’m Seth and you’re Kayla Marie Adams, right?”

“That’s right,” she said with a smile that beamed and my breath momentarily caught in my throat. Damn…this girl was beautiful. She took my hand and said, “Wow, you have really warm skin. Embry’s the same way. He said it’s from a genetic condition some people have on your rez. Mind if I sit there?” She looked at the empty seat next to me.

“Uh…sure,” I replied. Real smooth, dumbass. Make sure you continue to wow her with your stellar conversation.

Kayla sat down and I caught a whiff of her coconut scent. She bent over to put her satchel on the floor and I found myself leaning with her so I could continue to breathe her in. She sat up and I jerked back in place a little too quickly. I saw her glance at me with a frown before her face turned to polite indifference.

“So Seth, Embry tells me you’re his half brother.”

“Yeah, I just found out a little while ago.”

“He said you two don’t talk much,” Kayla stated, looking at me in disapproval. I squirmed in my seat like a chastised schoolboy. Thanks Em for throwing me under a friggin’ bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment